One of the cool side effects of participating in my own Seasonal Detoxes is that my cellulite disappeared!! I always attributed this to the implementation of daily dry skin brushing, but there are so many different ways during the detox that we are helping to remove toxins that are hiding in our fat cells. After the detox, I have kept the majority of the detox tools as a part of my daily routine.
Cellulite is a sign that your lymphatic system is having a hard time getting rid of the excess toxins. If you are ready to cleanse out the liver, ditch the cellulite and regenerate the cells, then try some of these suggestions.
1. Clean up your diet. The most important aspect of participating in our seasonal detox is that we are eliminating processed foods and foods that you might be sensitive to.
2. Dry skin brushing. Cellulite is toxins trapped in fat cells. By skin brushing daily, you can reduce cellulite.
3. Exercise!! There is not much that needs to be said about this one. Exercising is one of the best ways to move the lymphatic system and keep things from being stagnant.
4. Drink away your cellulite! Make a carrot, beet and cucumber juice to help flush away the cellulite, consume fresh juices daily or add a super green like chlorophyll to your water. Greens support healthy liver flow and support the release of toxins in the body.
5. Balance excess estrogen by eating cruciferous vegetables. If you have thyroid issues, you can lightly steam your vegetables.
6. Add sea vegetables such as dulse, nori and kelp to your diet. These may be new foods, but they are powerhouse cellulite reducers and by adding 2 tablespoons 3 or 4 times a week, you will support your thyroid, adrenals and re-mineralize your body. (When adding sea vegetables this is a great source of iodine but make sure to also include selenium in your diet. I like to get mine from 2 brazil nuts a day!)
7. Add a daily toxin flusher to your diet such as grapefruit, lemon, lime, apple slices and antioxidants like berries.
8. Eat enough healthy fats like avocado, flax oil, and medium chain fatty acids like coconut oil, as the liver needs fats to flush fat.
9. Drink tons of water and Natural Gatorade, as minerals and hydration are essential for healthy liver flow and reducing cellulite.
I hope that these tips and tricks all work as well for you as they did for me!! The true test will be to put them into action after I have my baby 🙂